Welcome to the Caesar Rodney Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR or DAR). The Caesar Rodney Chapter was established in 1893 and is the first and oldest DAR Chapter in Delaware.
The DAR was founded in 1890 to promote historic preservation, education, and patriotism. Its members are descended from the Patriots who won American independence during the American Revolutionary War. With nearly 190,000 members in approximately 3,000 chapters worldwide, the DAR is one of the world’s largest and most active service organizations. DAR members served more than 12.5 million hours of community service throughout the world during the past three years.
The DAR is a 501(3)(c) organization. Our Chapter donates our time, talent, and treasure in many different ways to support the DAR’s main goals of historic preservation, education, and patriotism. Some of our regular activities include gathering collections of personal items (toiletries, etc.) to donate to new patients at the Veteran’s Hospital in Elsmere, DE, and giving monetary awards to high school students who consistently exhibit “Good Citizenship”. We also do many ‘one off’ activities such as our donation of both a braille American flag plaque to the Veteran’s Hospital and an historic landmark sign outside of the Armory in old New Castle, DE.
Below are more of the individual contributions our Chapter has made to this historic society.
Click here to check out Today’s DAR on YouTube!
- Brandywine Battlefield
- Lombardy Hall
- Hale Byrnes House
- Hagley Museum
- Kalmar Nyckel Ship
- Churches, Patriot, and veteran gravesites
- Maintain Inner City Little Free Library
- Volunteer for Read Aloud Delaware
- Present High School Student Good Citizen Awards
- Promote DAR Schools
- Support Children of the American Revolution
- Annual Veteran Christmas Gift Bag Project
- Participate in Wreaths Across America
- Attend Naturalization Ceremonies
- Present Reserve Officers Training Corp (ROTC) Awards to high school students
- Attend Veterans Ceremonies
- Distribute new flags to homes and businesses